Monday 24 December 2012

Update: Realising opportunities and what to look forward to in 2013!

Hello everybody, I have a really quick update about the Realising Opportunities programme I am part of :) Firstly, a few months ago I mentioned in one of my posts that I am writing an academic assignment. I recently received a letter through the post informing me that I have passed the assignment.




I'm really glad I passed especially because I did spend quite some time on it as well as completing my personal statement for UCAS. This really helps especially if I still decide to apply to Essex University because my entry requirements will be lowered to BBC but that decision is yet to be made. My other bit of news is that I have been nominated as a Most Active Mentee Award by Realising Opportunities. One part of the programme is that each member is assigned an e-mentor who we communicate with on a regular basis. Brightside, the online platform that we use for e-mentoring, decided to create an award for Most Active Mentee and Best Mentor and I found out recently that I have been shortlisted after being out forward by my mentor for the award. In January I will be attending the award ceremony in Central London and I'll make sure I do a blog post about it.

I guess this is all for this year. I would just like to say thank you to those who have read my blog. I hope you do enjoy reading my posts and I can promise you there is a lot more to come in 2013!! All of you can look forward to posts about potential work experience (fingers crossed) and my nerve-wracking journey to university and my time there later on in the year. I can't wait to update you on these opportunities and unexpected ones. Have a nice Christmas and enjoy the holiday season. See you in 2013!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know that someone out there has an interest in my blog. I will be doing my next post in perhaps two weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the nice post.
    By the way,I am also a blogger. Would you please join my site on blogspot? I will follow you as well.Thank you.Here are my sites:
    http://dreamwedding4me.blogspot.com/
    http://4girlsinvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice blog to provide a good information. You shared a really good information. I bookmarked this blog further more useful information. Thanks for sharing this.......... Debt Settlement Plan

    ReplyDelete